Operating System: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista,
Macintosh 10.7+ and Android
Applies To: UB students, faculty, staff, researchers
Last Updated: August 21, 2017
1. Select UB Connect from your available Wi-Fi networks.
2. Open your Web browser, if it doesn't open automatically. Go to a non-UB page (such as amazon.com).
3. When your Web browser opens and the splash screen appears, click Configure and Connect.
4. The Cloudpath wizard will launch automatically. If not, open a browser and go to a non-UB website such as amazon.com.
5. Follow the on-screen directions. When prompted, enter your UBITName immediately followed by @buffalo.edu and your UBIT password.
6. If your phone does ask for a certificate/domain, type in clearpass1.cit.buffalo.edu
7. When the connection is successful you will see a successfully connected message.
Whenever you are on campus with your device, it will
automatically connect to eduroam Wi-Fi.
Once you set up eduroam Wi-Fi, you're automatically able to use
it at hundreds of universities and colleges around the world, in
addition to UB. No extra steps required.
When UB renews its server certificates, you may receive an error when trying to access Wi-Fi.
Install the latest Windows 10 updates on your device (see how) before using Wi-Fi at UB.