The recommended way to schedule a Lync meeting for Microsoft
Outlook users, is with the Outlook
email client. Not an Outlook user? Use the Lync
Schedule a Lync Meeting by using the Outlook add-in for
1. Open your Outlook calendar. On the Home tab, click
New Lync Meeting.
2. In the meeting request, add recipients, a subject, agenda and
The meeting request contains the meeting link and audio
information that the invitee can use to join the meeting or
Customize your meeting options to fit your requirements, meeting
type and the participants.
In the meeting request, click Meeting Options, then click
A new meeting space (I control
• To control meeting access, select an option under
These people don’t have to wait in the
• To choose presenters, select an option under
Who’s a presenter?
• To mute all attendees and prevent them from sharing
video, use the options under Do you want to limit
1. Create the Lync meeting by clicking Appointment.
2. Click Meeting Options.
3. Select A new meeting space (I control
4. Change the lobby and presenter options to restrict access
5. Click OK.
You can schedule a secure meeting using the Web Scheduler.
Change who can bypass the lobby to force a presenter to manually
move participants from the lobby to the meeting. Presenters are
notified when someone enters the lobby.