Download and learn how to install Lync 2013 for Windows.
If you have Office 2013 from UB, you may already have Lync 2013 for Windows. You can check:
Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office 2013 > Lync 2013
Lync 2013 for Windows is available for download from UB for UB faculty, staff, and students. Please make sure you have the ability to install an application on your computer. Contact your department IT support, if necessary.
The Lync 2013 client comes in 32 bit and 64 bit versions. These versions pertain to what version of Microsoft Office you have installed as well as what version of Windows. Please refer to the following information to choose the optimal version:
Uninstall Lync 2010 for Windows, if it is installed, before installing the Lync 2013 client.
Choose the Lync version, 32 or 64-bit, to install below.
6. Reboot your computer when prompted.
7. Go to Start > All Programs >
Microsoft Office 2013 and launch Lync 2013 to complete the
9. If your computer has UBmail powered by Exchange installed and
configured with your credentials, the Lync client opens
not go to next steps.
These directions are for people with UBmail Powered by Google or UBmail (Central Email).
1. The Lync client will open to a Sign-in screen.
2. Enter your UB email address as your Sign-in address, for
6. Change User name to ad\UBITName (where UBITName is
your UBITName) and re-enter your UBIT password. Click Sign
1. Log on to your computer as a member of the Administrators
2. Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
3. Click Microsoft Lync 2010.
4. Click Uninstall at the top of the window.