Download and learn how to install and maintain
Microsoft Lync 2013 for Windows.
Microsoft Lync is available for download from UB for UB faculty
Lync 2010 for Windows before installing the 2013 client.
Microsoft Windows 7 and 8, together with IE 7 through 10 and
Mozilla Firefox, and integrated with Office 2010 and 2013 are
required in support of the Lync 2013 client.
Choose the Lync version, 32 or 64-bit, using the table
1. Log on to your computer as a member of the Administrators
2. Click Start > Control Panel > Programs
3. Click Microsoft Lync 2010.
4. Click Uninstall at the top of the window.
If you used UB's default installation that enabled Lync updates,
Lync will be updated during the usual Windows Update process.
If you declined the updates option:
- Open Windows Updates from the Start Menu.
- Click Change Settings on the left.
- Check the Microsoft Update box Give me updates for Microsoft