Learn how to use your video device to maximum effect.
You need a camera to share your video, but you don’t need one to see other people’s videos.
To set up your camera:
•Click Options in the Lync main window, then click Video Device.
•If your don’t see your video preview, make sure the camera is working correctly.
•To adjust settings, click Camera Settings.
1. Pause on a contact’s picture and click the camera button.
2. An alert pops up on your contact's screen to accept your call.
3. When you’re done, pause on the camera button and select an option:
•Stop My Video: ends your video, but you can still see others’ videos.
•End Video: ends all the videos for you, but you’ll still have audio.
You can also click the camera button to add video to an IM or
Start an ad-hoc video conference to discuss a subject that requires immediate attention.
1. Select many contacts by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking the names.
2. Right-click the selection, and click Start a Video Call.
3. When you start a video call, you automatically use Lync computer audio.
4. Use the video controls to manage the conference.
When someone calls you, an alert pops up on your screen.
To answer the call, click anywhere in the picture area.
Click Ignore to reject the call and send to voice mail.
Click Options to take other actions:
• Reply by IM instead of video.
• Answer With Audio Only if you don’t want to share your video.
• Set to Do not Disturb to reject the call and avoid other calls.
Click Pick a Layout and choose an option:
• Gallery View shows all the participants’ videos.
• Speaker View shows the presenters’ videos.
• Presentation View shows only the meeting content.
• Compact View shows the tiles of the participants in a compact window.
To manage the participants, right-click their video or picture:
• Mute, Unmute, or Remove the person from the meeting.
• Lock the Video Spotlight locks video on the person in spotlight.
• Pin to Gallery keeps a participant visible in the Gallery View.
• Click Pop out video gallery to see the videos in a separate window.
• Click Full Screen View for a large view of the videos.
• Click Pop in video gallery to go back to regular view.
1. In the conversation window, pause on the people button and click Invite More People.
2. Select the invitees from the Add People window and click Add.
3. Your new invitees receive a request to join your call.
Click End Video to stop sharing your video with others
AND end their video feeds to you.
1. Pause on the camera button and check your preview.
2. Adjust your camera if needed, and click Start My Video.
3. To stop sharing your video, click Stop My Video.