Operating System: Macintosh OS X
Applies To: UB faculty, staff and students
Last Updated: October 6, 2017
Lync for Mac 2011 is available for download from UB for UB faculty, staff, and students. Please make sure you have the ability to install an application on your computer. Contact your department IT support, if necessary.
Lync for Mac 2011 requires Mac OS 10.5.8 (Leopard) or higher and browsers Safari or Firefox each 5 or higher. See more about the requirements to use Lync for Mac 2011.
1. After downloading Lync for Mac 2011, double-click the Lync installer.
2. Click Continue to begin the installation.
3. Click Continue to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
4. Click Agree to continue installing the software.
5. Click Install to continue the recommended default installation and wait for the installation to complete.
6. Type your password to allow this software to be installed.
7. The Installer will display that it is Writing files.
8. The Installer will display that it is Running package scripts.
9. The Installer will display The installation was successful. Click Close.
10. Go to Finder and launch Lync from the application list.
1. Enter your UB credentials:
2. Click Sign In.
3. The first time you sign in, you will get an error message, "Lync was unable to sign in..."
4. Change User ID to ad\UBITName (where UBITName is your UBITName) and re-enter your UBIT password.
5. Click Sign in.
6. From the pull-down menu, Select Lync > Preferences > General.
7. Uncheck the box for Join Lync 2013 meetings using Lync Online plugin.
No, currently there is no way in Skype for Business for people to change their profile picture. The option is disabled at UB.