The Lync Web App allows people who are guests to UB or do not have the Lync client installed to join a Lync meeting. You receive the meeting request in the form of a link in email from the person who created the meeting on a Lync 2013 for Windows, Lync for Mac 2011 or by using the Lync Web Scheduler. Here's how to join the meeting.
1. Click on the URL in the email invitation to join a Lync meeting to view the Lync Login Request.
2. Since you are a guest to UB, click Cancel.
3. Check the box on the Lync Web App login page Install Lync Web App plug-in.
NOTE: if you joined a Lync meeting earlier in the day and installed the Web App, the option to Install the Web App will not appear here. It will re-appear on subsequent days, however.
4. Locate on the Lync Web App login page Are you a guest to this meeting? and click Sign in here instead.
5. Enter your name in the text box labeled Guest, type your
6. Click Join the meeting.
7. If necessary, follow the instructions to install the plug-in.
8. Open the plug-in installation file and run it as directed.
9. Check Always allow the plug-in for this domain.
10. Click Allow.
You will now join the meeting.