The Charge + Lock station is a convenient, free way to charge
your devices while you're using the Lockwood 2nd floor
Left: The Charge + Lock station. Right: Close-up
of a locker, with connections for many different types of
1. Touch the screen.
2. Select either English or Spanish.
3. Select I want to charge my mobile device. You'll see a
notice that devices charge for a maximum of 30 minutes. If you
leave your device in the Charge + Lock station for more than 30
minutes, it will stop charging after 30 minutes, but will remain
secured until you enter a passcode or security word.
4. Read the Terms & Conditions. Select OK to continue
or X to cancel.
5. Select a green locker. The locker turns blue when selected.
Red lockers are already in use.
6. Make sure no one is standing near you. Enter a 4-digit
passcode and press OK.
7. Enter a security word to use if you forget your passcode and
8. Power off your device. Devices charge faster when they are
powered off, and devices ringing in the Charge + Lock station can
be disruptive. If you cannot power it off, please silence your
9. Open the locker and plug in your device. Only devices that
charge through a USB interface can be charged. You have 3 minutes
to connect your device. Qi Wireless charging-enabled devices can
charge on the wireless charge pad.
10. Firmly shut the door. Make sure your locker changes from
blue to red and the door is securely closed.
* If you forget your passcode, please contact either the greeter
or a consultant, who will ask for your security word.
Address concerns or questions to the greeter at the entrance of
Lockwood Cybrary, near the Charge + Lock station.
If the greeter is unable to answer your question or concern, the
greeter can forward them to the Public Site supervisors. You may
also submit questions and concerns directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.