Operating System: All
Applies To: UB faculty, staff and researchers
Last Updated: October 14, 2016
Connect from your office computer or a laptop you take home. IT Staff set up your computer for you.
• Your completion of the Handling Data Safely training
• Pre-authorization for HUB administrative access from the HUB Leads
• Either a software token (installed by your system administrator) or a fob
• A PIN
• Your UBITName and password
Your system administrator will install Cisco AnyConnect VPN
client software on your UB-owned computer once you complete the
Handling Data Safely training and receive pre-authorization for
administrative access to HUB from the HUB Leads.
The fob displays a 6-digit tokencode that changes every 60 seconds, represented by two indicators:
1. Select Start > All Programs > Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client > Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client.
2. The first time you connect, you must enter vpn.buffalo.edu in the Connect to field. Click Select
3. From the Group drop-down menu, select one of the following:
4. If you already set a PIN for your fob, skip to step
5, below. Otherwise, if it is your first time connecting,
enter the following (Note: For Mac clients, you will only be
prompted with "Answer;" answer in order shown below.):
5. Enter the following:
6. Click Connect. You are now connected.
Is my hardware token PIN the same as my software token PIN?
Not necessarily. Software and hardware token PINs are managed independently.