Operating System: All
Applies To: UB faculty, staff and researchers
Last Updated: October 14, 2016
Connect from your office computer or a laptop you take home. IT Staff set up your computer for you.
Before You Begin: Two Factor Authentication Requires Preparation
• Your completion of the Handling Data Safely training
• Pre-authorization for HUB administrative access from the HUB Leads
• Either a software token (installed by your system administrator) or a fob
• A PIN
• Your UBITName and password
Your system administrator will install Cisco AnyConnect VPN software and a software token on your UB-owned computer once you complete the Handling Data Safely training and receive authorization for administrative access to HUB.
1. Launch AnyConnect (Start > All Programs > Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client > Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client).
2. Launch RSA SecurID Token (Start > All Programs > Cisco > RSA SecurID Token).
3. In the AnyConnect window, enter vpn.buffalo.edu in the Connect to field and click Connect.
4. In the RSA SecurID window, enter your software token PIN and press the Enter key.
5. The Passcode will appear in the RSA SecurID window. Click Copy.
6. In the AnyConnect window:
7. Click OK.
8. When you successfully log in, the login screen disappears. To confirm you are connected to the VPN, re-launch Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client and verify that VPN session established to vpn.buffalo.edu appears at the bottom of the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client window.
Is my hardware token PIN the same as my software token PIN?
Not necessarily. Software and hardware token PINs are managed independently.