Learn how to request a different UBITName.
- Request a different UBITName.
- If approved, activate it.
- Both your old and new UBITName are active for the next 30 days,
so use that time to notify your department, move email messages and
files, share your new email address and make sure you can access
HUB through the new UBITName.
- Once you're done, ask to make the new UBITName permanent and
your old UBITName goes away.
See the steps below for details.
You are eligible to receive a different UBITName if any of these
- You legally changed your name, and it has been processed by the
appropriate UB administrative office and updated in the University Online
- The automatically created UBITName is agreed to be obscene or
- You are newly appointed faculty or staff and the automatically
created UBITName differs from your identity at a former institution
or professional field, or is confusing to others
See the UBITName Account Policy for more details about
who may request a different UBITName.
If your request is approved, activate your UBITName and
begin using it.
Both your old and new UBITName will remain active for up to 30
days. During that time you must:
- Arrange for departmental changes
- Students: Notify your professors and department that
your UBITName has changed
- Faculty and Staff: Notify your departmental
IT Staff that you are changing your UBITName. If you access
Host on Demand (HOD), you must also contact email@example.com
- Copy email messages, contacts and files from your old UBITName
and UBfs space to your new UBITName and UBfs space. The old
UBITName mailbox and UBfs space will be deleted when your new
UBITName is made permanent
- Share your new email address with others
- If you have access to HUB, log into HUB with your new UBITName
after three business days to be sure you retain access under your
Send email to the CIT Help Desk from your new UBITName
asking to remove your old UBITName and make your new
Once your request is processed, your old UBITName will be
deleted and its remaining contents will no longer be accessible.
Email sent to it will be returned to the sender as