Maintaining the security of your CICS password is your
responsibility. Password rules control the strength of your
password and UB will prompt you to change your password every 60
Log into Host
on Demand (HOD) with your UBITName and password, then sign on
to CICS. When you first sign on to CICS, you will be prompted to
establish a new password and to verify your password.
For your CICS password, you may:
- Use numbers, letters, or a combination of numbers/letters, for
example an anniversary date, J1973
- Select key letters of a memorable phrase, for example EGBDF for
every good boy does fine
- Select a subject of interest to you which has many variables so
that you can easily remember at least the subject, for example:
- dog breeds, such as cocker, shepherd, lhasa
- gemstones, such as emerald, ruby, garnet
- 19th century American writers, such as twain, james, harte
- operas, such as tosca, aida, carmen
- automobiles, such as ford, pontiac, stanza
Your password must be 4 characters in length, but no more than 8
characters. Your password cannot:
- contain double letters, for example book, runner
- be the same as the old password or a close variant of it, for
example chips, chips1
- be the same as any one of the 3 previous passwords used
- be the same as your userid
- match the first 4 characters of any word in your name
- cannot match any of those on the restricted password list:
1234, BASIC, ASDF, DEMO,PASS,SIGN,TEST,XXXX
Login to HOD with your UBITName and password.
- Use your Tab key to go down to New Password – Enter a
- Press Enter.
- Your cursor will be positioned to the right of the word
- Re-enter the new password.
- Press Enter to continue.
When the main menu appears your password has been changed.