Print from Your Computer to a Public Computing Site
Learn how to set up your computer to print to UB public computing sites printers.
Operating System: Any with a supported Web browser
Applies To: UB students, faculty and staff
Last Updated: July 19, 2018
1. Send Your Document to the Printer
Send Your File to the Printer
- Using a Web browser, go to https://iprintanywhere.buffalo.edu
- Click Print
- Enter your UBITName and password, then click or tap Log In
- Select the printer you wish to print to by clicking its name
- Click Choose File to upload a file, OR type in the URL of a Web page to print (See a list of allowed file formats)
- Set the number of Copies
- Set the Page Range
- Enter your UBITName
- Click Continue
- Select your print options:
- Only 8.5x11 (letter size) white paper is available
- In the Duplex field, choose double-sided (default) or single-sided
- In the Orientation field, choose As Saved (default), Portrait or Landscape
- Click Continue. Your job will be submitted, and you will see a Complete message when it is uploaded.
- Click Log Out when you are done.
2. Release Your Printout
Either the Web form or a Release Station must be used to release documents submitted from QuickConnect stations or your own computer.
Using the Web Form
Are you off campus?
Run AnyConnect and then follow the directions below.
- Go to https://myiprint.buffalo.edu:7773
- Enter your UBITName and password, then click Secure Log In.
- Tick the checkbox next to the the document(s) you want to print.
- Select the "purse" to print from. The default is "UB Quota," but you can click Next Purse to see or select other available purses, such as Campus Cash.
- Click Pay and Print My Documents.
Using a Release Station
A Release station is not available in 2210 Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences; use the Web form (see above) to release documents.
- Log into the Print Release station with your UBITName and UBITName password (see locations).
- Click the Next or Sign In button.
- The iprint pop-up window displays your available UB Quota, a list of your documents and the cost per document.
- Select the document(s) you want to print; iprint displays the total price.
- Confirm if you will use your UB Quota "purse" to print (You can use other purses, including Campus Cash, from the pop-up window. Click Next Purse to see or select other available purses.)
- Click Continue to confirm your selection.
- Use the Back button to change your selected documents or purse.
- Click Here to Accept the Charge and Start Printing. Your documents will be sent to the printer.
3. Pick Up Your Document
If you are in a computing site with a print service counter, your document(s) will be filed by the first letter of your UBITName. Otherwise, you may pick them up directly from the printer.
What if my document doesn't print properly (low toner, paper jam) or at all?
If a document fails to print as expected, please see a consultant for a quota adjustment. If there is no print service counter, send email to the computing site team.
What can I do to print a file that's not a supported format?
Try saving it to a supported format, such as a PDF, then submit the PDF version to the printer.
What do I do when I run out of UB Quota?
You can choose a different quota purse when releasing your print job, including Campus Cash. See how to print with other funds.
How can I print multiple pages per page or PowerPoint slide views?
Save your document as a PDF with the formatting you want, then submit the PDF to the printer.
Who do I contact with printing problems?