An email offering you a FAKE job. This scam attempts
to offer you a fake job using an existing company. In
addition to offering you a fake job a check is sent, in some cases
by FED EX. You are asked to deposit the check,
and send a portion of the money as a bank
transfer. The bank transfer goes through, but the
check you received bounces (FAKE). You have now lost
all the money you transferred. In the end: you have had
your money stolen.
Or they use your account to launder money for a criminal
Always contact the company directly to verify any job offer, do not reply or click on links.
Be wary of email asking for any of the following:
• email address does not match the company name
• offers to pays a large amount for little work
• offers you a job without ever interacting with you
• demands copies of your identification, driver’s license, social security card, passport
• wants you to transfer money from one account to another
• sends you a check before you do any work
• asks you to give your credit card or bank account numbers, or copies of personal documents
• requires payment by wire service or courier
• offers you a large payment or reward in exchange for allowing the use of your bank account
• sends you an unexpectedly large check
Protect yourself, contact the company directly.
If you sent money or recieved a check, contact the local police.
High - continually changing scam