Learn how to install Symantec Encryption Desktop software,
including setup of PGP keys
1. Run the 32bit or 64bit installer, as appropriate for your operating system. Click I accept the license agreement and then click Next.
2. Select Do not display the Release Notes, click Next.
3. Allow the progress bar to complete.
4. Reboot to complete the setup.
5. Once the PC is rebooted, you will be prompted with the authentication box. If not, select “PGP Tray” from the start menu. Enter your UBITName and password.
6. The enrollment process may take a minute or
7. Select that you are a new user and click Next.
8. Click Finish when done. You should see a new
icon in your icon tray.
9. Right click on the icon and choose Open Symantec
10. You will see the key for the authenticated user (you)
and the Organization Key.
11. If you will be adding other keys to files, you’ll need to add them here first. To do so, select Search for Keys. Otherwise, you are finished with the installation.
12. Select KSRV.ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU - To search for a partial match, search Name contains instead of the default Name is. Also, searches are no longer case sensitive. To see a list of all keys, search Name does not contain and a string of text not likely to be found. Right-click on the key you want to use and select Add To -> All Keys.