The Information Security Office has a course called Handling
Data Safely in UBlearns to help UB community members who may
come into contact with regulated private data. The course explain
the types of data that are of concern and the regulations apply to
UB. Enrollment is open to anyone at UB.
- Go to UBlearns.
- Click on User Login (see left side of the page) and log
- Click on the Courses tab (see upper right corner of the
- In the Course Search box (see left side of the page), type
Handling Data Safely and click on the Go button.
- You should see the course with the name of Handling Data
- Under the course ID "ADM_CIO_010809 " is a small icon with two
down arrows in it. Click that icon and select Enroll.
- Click Submit (see right side of the page).
- Click OK (see right side of the page). This will bring
you to the course homepage.
- Read the text on
the homepage, and complete the course by
navigating through the directions on the left-hand sidebar.
You can complete portions of the course and return at a later
time. To return to the course, log into UBlearns and it
should appear on your Course List on the Courses page. Simply click
on Handling Data Safely to return to where you left off in the
For help in accessing or completing the course, contact the