This process describes how the CIT-managed E-Discovery
collocation storage space will be provided for use by the broader
UBIT community. Please refer to the SUNY Legal Proceeding Preparation (E-Discovery)
Procedure for general E-Discovery definitions and
associated roles and responsibilities.
E-Discovery requests come from the ISO office (requester) or
from UB Counsel to the EIS Director. The EIS director will
then assign the E-Discovery to the E-Discovery Process
Owner. All E-Discovery requests are required to be
handled with the upmost sensitivity in regards to time and
Requestor (ISO/UB Counsel)
- Provides full details on the information to be
- If the request has individual names in it, the requester must
provide or confirm the UBITNames involved to ensure the correct
information is collected.
- Assign the discovery to the E-Discovery process owner and
liaison with E-Discovery requester.
eDiscovery Process Owner
- Confirms exactly what is to be collected by UBIT for an
- Assigns the technical work to service teams. Ensure that the
information regarding what is being collected is entered in to the
master E-Discovery spreadsheet and ensure that the collocation
space is created with the appropriate access for all parties
- E-Discovery Process Owner sends confirmation to EIS Director
when the data collection process for the central service content is
Distributed IT Support Personnel
- Acknowledge E-Discovery requests and collects and stores the
required information according to the process outlined below.
- Inform the E-Discovery Process Owner when the data collection
process is complete.