Spirion (Identity Finder) is a tool that finds personally identifiable information (PII), such as credit card numbers and Social Security Numbers, and assists in securing it from theft. It allows UB to comply with laws that regulate the data that we work with.
Spirion (Identity Finder) Enterprise is managed through the console, and both Windows and Macintosh versions are available. To request Spirion (Identity Finder) Enterprise:
- Log into the UBIT Help Center Online.
- Choose Self Service > Request a Service > Other or Not Known (left hand side) > Other.
- In the Brief Summary, enter Spirion (Identity Finder).
- In the ticket, in Additional Information provide:
- What you want your department name to be. We will create that for you and provide your accounts with sufficient rights.
- The UBITNames of those that you want to have administrator access.
- The date you need this set up by. Once we set up your initial tag, you can create your department's sub-structure. You do not need to create any sub-tags if you do not need to separate your machine endpoints into groups.
Sub-tags can be created in a variety of ways, including the use of dynamic tags to automatically assign machines to sub-tags via active directory OU groups.