Contributions to efficiency have been the chief outcome of the
IT Transformation process. Focused primarily on studying, planning
and implementing consolidation projects, the IT transformation
continues to be a UB success.
Over a dozen consolidation projects have been substantially
completed since their launch in 2007. Projects were selected
according to their university priority, their alignment with UB
2020 goals and their feasibility and return on effort.
The projects clustered on six themes:
- Standardize workstation support
- Consolidate underlying technology that support
- Unify UB’s telephones
- Improve communication with customers and between
technology support entities
- Enable automation of key business processes
- Standardize information reporting