Enterprise Application Services (EAS)
Enterprise Application Services (EAS) provides design,
implementation and production support services for enterprise
applications and for campus data access and business intelligence
- EAS's support of campus data access and business intelligence
systems includes data administration and database support and
project management support. Service examples include front facing
applications, such as the HUB and MyUB that students use throughout
their academic career at UB.
- EAS has offices in Milliard Fillmore Academic Center and Red
Jacket, located in the Ellicott Complex, on UB’s North
Campus. Until 2010, EAS was known as Administrative Computing
EAS staff work directly with University campus business and
academic offices, software vendors and consultants to provide
application and data access services for functional operations and
strategic planning and to improve the student experience
through the application of information technology.
To accomplish this work, EAS staff:
- Translates business requirements into technical
- Utilizes programming languages such as Perl, SQL, Java and
PeopleTools, in UNIX and Windows environments
- Utilizes SQL databases including Oracle, SQL Server and
- Applies contemporary web development techniques using
- Defines quality assurance processes and procedures for our
Custom Developed Software
EAS staff design, develop, implement, maintain and support
custom developed software required for UB's business and academic
- MyUB: UB’s portal is the student, faculty and staff
gateway to campus business and academic services. Implemented more
than 10 years ago, MyUB was recognized as an early implementer of a
portal in Higher Education.
- UB’s Mobile Application Development Initiative, which
provides students, faculty, and staff with access to many of UB
applications through their mobile device.
- Workflow application enabling ereq (electronic purchase
requisition application) and ePTF (electronic Personnel Transaction
Support of Vendor Software
EAS staff Integrate, customize, implement, maintain and support
vendor software for UB's business and academic offices.
- HUB: Oracle/PeopleSoft Campus Solutions implementation
providing Student Services to students and faculty.
- UBCMS: Adobe CQ5 Content Management System implementation for
the University’s websites.
- COEUS implementation providing Grant Proposal support to UB and
other participating SUNY institutions.
- Emergency notification software: Rave Mobile Safety
- Electronic Document Management: Perceptive’s ImageNow for
transitioning to an environmentally friendly paperless environment
providing business process improvements and better data
Institutional Data Management
EAS staff design, develop, implement, maintain and support UB's
Operational Data Store and Data Warehouse for distributed data
access and reporting on campus.
- SIRI (Strategic Information Reporting Initiative)
EAS staff perform application integration services with
applications external to UB. Examples include:
- - SUNY and NYS system interfaces
EAS staff administer access to enterprise systems and data
sources, and ensure data security and integrity within these
EAS staff provide database support and data administration for
UB's enterprise-wide applications.
EAS staff define, document and enforce enterprise application
development standards, templates and processes based on industry
best practices and professional guidelines.