CEI's Scoring Services is based on Optical Mark Recognition
(OMR). The service uses a software package called Remark Office OMR
and offers the following advantages:
OPTIONAL: Item mapping across test versions (instructions,
OPTIONAL: Learning Outcomes (instructions
Optionally, scan your answer sheets on your personal
- Set up your scanner:
- File format: PDF (do not use special compression or other
condensed PDF formats).
- Resolution: 200 to 300 dpi.
- Monochrome or Black & White (do not use Grayscale or
- Correct page size (e.g., US Letter or A4).
- Make sure that the scans are clear and crisp. Otherwise, submit
your forms to us in person for scanning.
- Be careful of automatic settings on your scanner. We
recommend you save the settings above to a special scanning format
so they will always be available. Some automatic settings are not
consistent with these guidelines and must be overridden or the
forms will not be properly scanned.
- Scan the completed answer keys for each test version. Answer
keys should be labeled KEY A, KEY B, KEY C, KEY D (4 versions
- Scan students' answer sheets.
- Send your scanned documents and accompanying files
(mapping.xls, outcomes.pdf as required) to the Scoring Services
Team by email (email@example.com) with
your Scoring Job number in the subject line. Be sure to include
your job number and last name in your files names. If your files
are larger than 30mb, copy your files to your UBbox
account and share the files or send us an email with a download
You will receive the following:
- Summary reports
- Export file with results
- Optionally, individual student summary reports (if
For additional information, contact the Scoring Services support
team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or