UBCCC takes photos/videos of enrolled children to document
day-to-day activities, special events and/or field trips. These
images may appear:
- INTERNALLY: in classrooms, for portfolios/assessments, on
bulletin boards or in center displays (all required by our
- EXTERNALLY: on our website, social media; also in newsletters,
local media or for promotional purposes.
**A parent who does not want photographs or videos of their
child used externally must provide the Director of the
Center at which their child is enrolled with written notice that
photographs or videos of their child are not to be used for such
UBCCC has recently moved to the online version of the Teaching
Strategies GOLD (TSG) assessment tool. Lead Teachers currently
use the TSG assessment tool to set goals and objectives for
individual children based on teacher observations. The TSG
assessment tool encourages teachers to observe children's strengths
and assess how to build on those strengths. Observations are
gathered while teachers watch children play and as they interact
The online version of Teaching Strategies GOLD allows our
- use a variety of online tools to gather and organize meaningful
data quickly, including online portfolios where children's work can
- create a developmental profile of each child to answer the
questions, "What does this child know? What is he or she able to
- understand how their observations relate to important
objectives for development and learning, and use that understanding
to scaffold each child's learning.
- determine if a child is making progress and compare that
child's knowledge, skills and behaviors to those of most children
of his or her age or class/group.
- recognize children who might benefit from special help,
screening or further evaluation.
- generate comprehensive reports that can be customized easily
and shared with family members (for example, at Parent-Teacher
Part of the online assessment is the ability to upload photos
and videos of each child, so that teachers can easily share
observations with colleagues and parents. Also, when a child moves
from one age group to the next, their online profile is easily
transferred to their new classroom teachers.
Parents with questions or concerns regarding UBCCC's use of TSG
may contact the Director of the Center at which their child is
*updated September 12, 2016