In addition to offering competitive fellowships for UB faculty
member, CEPP supports and advances community-based research and
scholarship by UB researchers in many other ways in its events
- Hosting Research Presentations by our faculty Research
Fellows and Community Scholars
- Organizing Research Workshops for faculty and graduate
students to gain practical insights into research methods, best
practices, challenges and opportunities for various types of
- Arranging Grant-Related Workshops
- Organizing Community-wide Research Workshops to
facilitate discussion and networking between community research
partners and scholars
- Sponsoring Research Conferences and Forums.
In the Spring 2014 semester, CEPP events include on-campus
presentations and the fifth annual Buffalo Poverty Research
Workshop off campus:
- Public Presentation on February 21, 2014 with Lenny
Siegel, Executive Director of the Center for Public
Environmental Oversight, speaking on "Beyond Community
Engagement: Facilitating Public Involvement in Environmental Policy
and Technical Decisions" (see
here for flyer with details).
- Research Presentations by CEPP Research Fellows: Dr.
Jill Koyama with Molly Short Carr on March 7 (see
here for flyer with details), Dr. Christine Wang on
April 9 (see
here for flyer with details), and Prof. Tony
Szczygiel on May 2.
- Buffalo Poverty Research Workshop, a major
Community-Wide Research Event, on March 28, 2014 (see
here for flyer and UB Events Calendar for details).
- Cosponsored Workshop on Friday, April 11, on
"What’s Next with Lead? No More Toxic Housing:
Creative Legal, Policy, and Grassroots Solutions for Buffalo and
Beyond" (see here for full
During the Fall 2013 semester CEPP events included:
- Research Presentations on September 27, 2013: Two Panel
Discussions by faculty Research Fellows who received Grant
Development Fellowships or Research Dissemination
here for information.
- CEPP Research Network Meeting on September 27, 2013: An
event for UB researchers interested in community-based
- Major Public Forum on October 2, 2013 with Dr.
Meredith Minkler from University of California, Berkeley on
"Building Healthy Environmentts in Diverse Settings: The Value
Added by Community-Engaged Research." This event was a
result of collaboration between CEPP and the Clean Air Coalition of
WNY, the UB School of Public Health and Health Professions, the UB
School of Nursing, the UB Social of Social Work, the UB Department
of Family Medicine, the UB Clinical and Translational Research
Center, and the Roswell Park Cancer Institute's Office of Cancer
Health Disparities as well as the Peter and Elizabether C. Tower
here for information.
- Community-wide Research Event as part of the 2nd
Buffalo Food Policy Summit on October 23-24, 2013 with tje
Research Roundtable Keynote address by Dr. Julian Agyeman, Tufts
University, on "'Just Sustainabilities' in Food Systems
An archive listing of all of the research events –
presentations, workshops, and conferences, from 2009-2013 -- is