The plan restores the classic collegiate beauty of South Campus and gives it a new role as a center of professional education.
The South Campus will be remade as a center for professional education with Law, Education, Social Work and executive education programs of the School of Management joining Architecture and Planning on our historic Main Street home.
The plan builds on E.B. Green’s 1930 campus plan, reinforcing historic quadrangles, removing unsightly temporary buildings, recovering grand lawns from parking and revitalizing landscapes with projects like the make-over of Harriman Quad and a new amphitheater in front of a revealed Onondaga Escarpment.
The plan will provide new facilities for the Law School and create a professional education center, with major renovations of Parker, Hayes and Crosby Halls, as well as the Biomedical Education and Biomedical Research buildings and historic Clark Gym.
Access and way-finding will be improved with new facilities for transit patrons and bicycle commuters, a simplified campus loop road, a rationalized Bailey Avenue entrance, and better connections to the neighborhood along pedestrian paths and to transit oriented development.