The President's Circle Study Abroad Scholarship is awarded annually to University at Buffalo students who have permanent residency in the Western New York region (8 counties including Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans, and Wyoming).
Preference will be given to:
- First-time study abroad participants
- Students with documented financial need (as confirmed by UB Financial Aid Office)
- Students maintaining a GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Students who have selected a study abroad program relevant to their current academic program
- Students who will return to UB for at least one semester following their study abroad program
- Applications will be reviewed by the UB Study Abroad Scholarship Committee.
- The award decisions of the committee are final and not subject to appeal.
- Awards will be applied directly to the recipient’s UB student account.
- Scholarship recipients are asked to help the Office of Study Abroad in promotional activities upon return.
- Recipients of any Office of International Education scholarship will not be considered for future awards.
Scholarships will be awarded on the following scale:
- Academic Year: $4,000
- One Semester: $2,000
- Summer/Winter: $1,000
Powered by AcademicWorks, you will see a searchable database that streamlines hundreds of scholarships, matches you with best-fit opportunities and recommends opportunities based on your profile.
- Log in to www.buffalo.academicworks.com using your UBIT name and password.
- Fill out the general application and the study abroad conditional application
- You may need to search for the scholarship by name
Applications open for winter and spring programs on October 1. Completed applications are due by April 1 for summer, fall, or academic year programs and November 1 for winter or spring programs abroad.