The Kurt J. Lesker AXXIS Electron-Beam Evaporator with Glancing Angle Deposition (GLAD) enables e-beam deposition of thin films of metals for contact layers on microelectronic devices.
· 6 pocket e-beam evaporator head
Materials include: Au, Cr, PT, Ti, Ni, Ge (for use of SiO₂,
Ge, Ag, Ni,
please see the BOC Edwards Auto 500 Electron Beam Evaporator)
· 6000V power supply, 500 mA, beam sweep, substrate rotation
· GLAD (glancing angle deposition with multi-position sample mount arm)
· 2 quartz thickness monitors
· Computer controlled deposition
rough pump, Cryopumped chamber with ultimate vacuum of 1 x
Torr, Typical vacuum during deposition 1 x 10⁻⁷ Torr
· Fast cycle times
Usage Fee: $25/hour (academic), $100/hour (industry)
**Most metals included in the above hourly rates. Additional charge for Au and Pt.