The BOC Edwards Auto 500 electron-beam evaporation system can deposit ultra pure thin films of materials with high melting points and achieve fast deposition rates. It also features two thermal evaporation sources along with the e-beam source inside the chamber.
• Four pocket electron-beam source
• Two independent thermal evaporation sources
• 5 kV high voltage supply
• X-Y beam sweep, substrate heating, substrate rotation
• FTM-7 quartz thickness monitor
• Source materials: SiO₂, Al, Ge, Ag and Au, etc.
• Large box chamber: 500 mm diameter x 500 mm high
• Front loading enables easy access into the chamber
• Automatic PLC operated vacuum control system with touch screen display enables easy operation and in-situ thickness monitoring
• Ultimate vacuum: 5 x 10⁻⁷ Torr
• Pumpdown: < 13 min to 7.5 x 10⁻⁶ Torr and < 60 min to 1.5 x 10⁻⁶ Torr
Usage Fee: $25/hour (academic), $100/hour (industry)