The CM-LAF accepts all forms of payment common to the
university. Typically your research grant funding source
will determine how you set up your animal care accounts, but we can
work with you to review your specific needs.
Principal investigators must process a purchase requisition to
encumber funds designated for animal care and other CM-LAF
- Establish a blanket purchase order for the duration
of the research project or up to the end of the grant year. It
should cover the costs of animal care, lab services and
- Submit the requisition, with the amount to be encumbered, to:
- Purchasing, 224 Crofts Hall, North Campus
- If you need to make adjustments to the encurmbered
dollar amount or time period or have questions, please contact
Research Accounts Payable at 645-5000 x 1097.
The original monthly invoice goes directly to Research
Accounts Payable for processing.
The investigator receives a copy of the monthly
For any problems regarding animal inventory or the
monthly charges, please call 829-2919. You must submit account
changes and/or special arrangments in writing to the
CM-LAF before we can take action.
Principal investigators must make arrangements with their
departments to allocate funds for animal care and other CM-LAF
- At the beginning of your project, please give the CM-LAF
office the account number to be used for billing
- We send the original invoices directly to Accounts
Payable for payment.
- The investigator receives a copy of the invoice for
- For any questions or problems, contact the CM-LAF at
Principal investigators using UBF accounts receive both original
invoices and the copies.
- Please sign the original invoice, including the account
number to be charged.
- Within seven days, please send the original invoice to:
- Laboratory Animal Facilities, 116 BEB.
- Please keep the copy for your records.