The CM-LAF accepts all forms of payment common to the university. Typically your research grant funding source will determine how you set up your animal care accounts, but we can work with you to review your specific needs.
Principal investigators must process a purchase requisition to encumber funds designated for animal care and other CM-LAF services.
- Establish a blanket purchase order for the duration of the research project or up to the end of the grant year. It should cover the costs of animal care, lab services and supplies.
- Submit the requisition, with the amount to be encumbered, to:
- Purchasing, 224 Crofts Hall, North Campus
- If you need to make adjustments to the encurmbered dollar amount or time period or have questions, please contact Research Accounts Payable at 645-5000 x 1097.
The original monthly invoice goes directly to Research Accounts Payable for processing.
The investigator receives a copy of the monthly charges.
For any problems regarding animal inventory or the monthly charges, please call 829-2919. You must submit account changes and/or special arrangments in writing to the CM-LAF before we can take action.
Principal investigators must make arrangements with their departments to allocate funds for animal care and other CM-LAF services.
- At the beginning of your project, please give the CM-LAF office the account number to be used for billing purposes.
- We send the original invoices directly to Accounts Payable for payment.
- The investigator receives a copy of the invoice for his/her records.
- For any questions or problems, contact the CM-LAF at 829-2919.
Principal investigators using UBF accounts receive both original invoices and the copies.
- Please sign the original invoice, including the account number to be charged.
- Within seven days, please send the original invoice to:
- Laboratory Animal Facilities, 116 BEB.
- Please keep the copy for your records.