We are excited to co-host the 7th Annual New York State Biotechnology Symposium on May 12-13, 2015 at the Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) in Upton, NY on Long Island. This Symposium is hosted by The Research Foundation for SUNY, SUNY-ESF, and BNL.
Join us on May 12th & 13th for an exciting Symposium, featuring:
- Plenary Presentations by:
- Dr. Doon Gibbs, Laboratory Director of Brookhaven National Lab.
- Dr. Bryan Allinson, Vice President for Innovation and Partnerships for the Research Foundation for SUNY.
- Dr. Eva Cramer, Distinguished Service Professor of Cell Biology, Vice President for Biotechnology and Scientific Affairs, SUNY Downstate Medical Center; President, Downstate Technology Center, Inc. & President, BioBAT, Inc.
- Dr. Martin Schoonen, Chair of Environmental Sciences at Brookhaven National Laboratory and Director of Environmental Initiatives at Stony Brook University
- Technical concurrent sessions and presentations by world-class researchers (including several from BNL), focused on
- Environmental Biotechnology: Innovative Approaches for Water Quality Improvement
- Bioenergy and Biofuels
- Use of DOE’s National User Facilities for Biotechnology Research
- Plant Transformation
- Winemaking: The Original Biotechnology
- Biomedical and Biopharmaceutical
- Personalized Medicine: Microbiome, Genetics, and Medicine
- Tours of Brookhaven National Laboratory facilities including:
- Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider
- National Synchrotron Light Source II
- Center for Functional Nanomaterials
- Northeast Solar Energy Research Center
This symposium fosters the exchange of ideas among industry representatives and scientists, academics, students, and other professionals interested in biotechnology; and works to develop synergies and relationships that further advance the field. It has a history of convening promising and innovative biotechnology companies and experts, both as speakers and participants, and promises to be the largest and most exciting yet!
For more information visit the conference website at http://www.esf.edu/outreach/pd/2015/biotechnology/
Early registration ends April 23rd!