The professionalstaffconnect-list, also known as the PSS
Discussion List, or CONNECT is an unmoderated list. To send a
message, simply use the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONNECT allows professional staff to communicate with each other
directly. Using the listserv you can:
- Find resources, information, and advice from others in similar
- Share information about job duties and concerns.
- Identify common areas of interest.
- Learn about opportunities for growth and development.
- Discuss common problems in the workplace.
Examples of questions posted to the list in the past
- “I have just been asked to take over scheduling for our
classrooms, and need tips on how to accomplish this most
- “I need to find information on training for our new
- “I am looking for someone ... who could provide advice
and help with setting up a supply inventory system.”
- “I’m working as a lab assistant, and am interested
in moving to a different assistant position, but I don't know what
CONNECT is also used to alert Professional Staff to upcoming
events and activities. As part of email ettiquette, people who
reply to the CONNECT list should remember to reply ONLY to the
sender of the email and NOT to the entire list.
Professional Staff who are recent arrivals at UB are
automatically added to CONNECT. Any Professional Staff member may
subscribe at any time by sending a message to email@example.com with
no subject and “subscribe professionalstaffconnect-list
firstname lastname” in the body.
Instructions for removing yourself are automatically appended to
every message: send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
no subject, and a single line, “signoff
professionalstaffconnect-list” in the body of the message.
Make sure to delete any automatic signature you might be using.
Feel free to contact the Senate office if you have