The commuter program is a negotiated benefit program sponsored by the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations (GOER) and administered by WageWorks, Inc. The PSS has tailored a description of this program for the Buffalo/Niagara region.
Join those who simply don't have to park their cars. Take public transportation to work. You'll save money and help UB reduce its huge carbon footprint.
As a result of union collective bargaining, State of New York and Research Foundation employees are eligible to take advantage of a special federal program that allows us to purchase public transportation using pre-tax dollars. For most of us, that amounts to a 40% discount off the fare.
You can purchase monthly passes or use a pay-as-you-go declining balance card.
The NFTA sweetens to pot by giving monthly pass holders unlimited free travel on Metro Bus and Metro Rail over and above daily commutes. Monthly pass holders get special offers from merchants and discount admissions to local events.
▪ Sign-up site (NYS Employees): nysride.com
▪ Sign-up site (Research Foundation employees): Works4me
▪ Discount program: Metro Xtras
A wide variety of free and commercial applications are available for iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows phones. Search your mobile device's app store using the keyword NFTA or transit to find apps that work in Western New York. Click here to visit the NFTA site to get the Official NFTA apps and see their list of available apps.
TO LEARN MORE, WATCH OUR PRESENTATION (Click link below):
This presentation has audio, so turn your speakers on or put on your headphones before running the presentation.
▪ If your browser gives you an option, choose OPEN. If the presentation does not play automatically in PowerPoint, click Slide Show, and then click the Play from Start button.
▪ If your browser automatically downloaded the file you can run the presentation by double-clicking the file name (WageWorks2019.ppsx) in your web browser's Download folder.