The Office of Institutional Analysis (OIA) has the primary institutional responsibility for the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative information on the institution, its students, its faculty, its programs, its publics, its practices and its services. The office provides analytic support for the planning, evaluation and policy initiatives of the Provost and senior leadership and acts as the institution's reporting agent.
External Applications and Services
- AAU - Association of American Universities - The Association of American Universities is a nonprofit association of 59 U.S. and two Canadian preeminent public and private research universities. Founded in 1900, AAU focuses on national and institutional issues that are important to research-intensive universities, including funding for research, research and education policy, and graduate and undergraduate education.
- AAUDE - Association of American Universities Data Exchange - The Association of American Universities Data Exchange (AAUDE) is a public service organization whose purpose is to improve the quality and usability of information about higher education. Our membership is comprised of AAU institutions that support this purpose and participate in the exchange of data/information to support decision-making at their institution. AAUDE Data Resources
- AIR - Association for Institutional Research - The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) is the world's largest professional organization for institutional researchers. AIR provides educational resources, best practices, and professional-development opportunities for its more than 4,000 members.
- AIRPO - Association for Institutional Research and Planning Officers - is a New York State regional organization affiliated with the State University of New York System [SUNY], City University of New York System [CUNY], the North East Association for Institutional Research [NEAIR], and the Association for Institutional Research [AIR].
- Center for Measuring University Performance - The Center for Measuring University Performance (MUP) is a research enterprise focused on the competitive national context for major research universities. The MUP work relies heavily on the initiative and insight of its advisory board and draws on the insight and recommendations of many colleagues throughout the country who contribute data, information, and perspective.
- North East Association for Institutional Research (NEAIR) - NEAIR is an individual membership driven organization that promotes institutional effectiveness in postsecondary education through excellence in the field of institutional research. As such, NEAIR focuses on facilitating the professional development of its members while promoting best practice and ensuring integrity in institutional research.
- SUNY Business Intelligence Intelligence Initiative (SBII) - Integrates administrative and academic data into an accurate, consistent, and reliable information resource and to do support planning, forecasting, and decision-making processes at campuses and System Administration. Support is through the SUNY Confluence system.
Journals and Magazines
- Campus Technology - An on-line journal providing in-depth coverage on the technologies and implementations influencing colleges and universities across the nation.
- Chronicle of Higher Education - Journal for news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators. Full Text articles are available to UB committee from the UBLibrary.
- EDUCause - nonprofit association and the foremost community of IT leaders and professionals committed to advancing higher education. Offering a wide array of publications and along with on online magazine EDUCAUSE REVIEW and specialized research reports from Gartner, Inc., a leading independent research and advisory company.