The following describes the major data components and processes required to implement Unit Standards and Impact Analysis.
1) Primary source data are extracted from a multitude of on and off-campus sources.
2) Extracted data are scrubbed and packaged into a common format via a staging processor. In some cases, the staging processor summarizes and repackages the primary data into a format more suitable for use within the Tableau visualizer.
3) Staged data are sent to the APBE Strategic Data Repository (SDR). The SDR facilitates common exposure of scrubbed, packaged and summarized data to both Tableau and the APBE analytics team.
4) The SDR Unit Standards and Impact (USI) schema houses the data.
5) The Tableau visualizer extracts data from the SDR USI schema via 18 predefined “workbooks”.
6) A complex scripting process instructs each Tableau workbook to create selected department and unit aggregate PDF’s. A “combo” PDF pack comprised of both unit summaries and department detail for each unit is also produced.
7) The PDF output is stored within secured UBfs folders within the Provost domain.
8) A UBIT Hosted SharePoint site provides both general control of the PDF creation process as well as a locus for documentation.
9) PDF output is distributed to selected users via the APBE Web site on UBCMS.
Decanal Unit Profile - 1. General Unit Characteristics (Profile)
Decanal Unit Profile - 2. Productivity Metrics by Unit
Department Profile - 3. General Departmental Characteristics (Profile)
Department Profile - 4. Productivity Metrics by Department