This page lists available positions in NeMLA members' institutions or departments.
Assistant Professor of English, Ohio Wesleyan University
- The English Department at Ohio Wesleyan University seeks to fill a tenure-track position of Assistant Professor of English as an African American Literature specialist with additional expertise in the teaching of writing and composition. The successful candidate will teach a total of six courses for the year (4 in literature and 2 in first-year writing). The literature courses will include specialty classes in African American literature as well as classes that support the American literature curriculum more broadly. First-year writing courses incorporate common elements but may be designed in accordance with the candidate’s own interests. The literature classes will be cross-listed in the Africana, Gender, and Identity Studies program, providing an excellent opportunity for interdisciplinary collaboration with students and colleagues from across the university. Details and application at this link.
1/ Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, Rutgers University
- The Italian Department at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey (New Brunswick), is hiring a tenure-track Assistant Professor to begin September 1, 2022. Specialization in Race, Diaspora, Transnational Italian Literature and/or Cinema, Mediterranean Studies, Black Europe, European Cinema, and Critical Theory. The new position will be part of a cluster in language and racial justice; the new hire will substantially enhance the curricula of different humanities programs, while strengthening the already existing synergies among various departments and units, including the Institute for the Study of Global Racial Justice, the Rutgers English Language Institute, the Language Engagement Project, the Language Center, and the Critical Translation Studies Initiative. Details and applications at this link: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/141674
2/ Lecturer, Non-Tenure Track, Baylor University
- Qualifications: M.A. required, Ph.D. preferred. Experience living, studying, or working in Italy or another Italian-speaking part of the world preferred. Experience in leading study abroad programs and innovation in program development are highly desired. Ability to teach French in addition to Italian preferred but not required.
- Application Instructions: To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by October 15, 2021. Please submit a letter of application, current curriculum vitae, a copy of an official transcript showing the highest degree conferred (if the Ph.D. is in progress, a copy of the official transcript of completed Ph.D. hours should also be submitted), and three references via Interfolio: https://apply.interfolio.com/89080
3/ Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, Farmingdale State College
- The Department of Modern Languages at Farmingdale State College of the State University of New York invites applications for a tenure-track, assistant professor position in Italian commencing Fall 2022. We are seeking highly qualified candidates with good communication skills who have demonstrated excellence in teaching. The successful candidate will be expected to teach four (4) courses per semester in Italian to non-majors. All faculty members at Farmingdale State College have three workload components: teaching, research and scholarly activity, and service. The successful candidate will demonstrate an interest and high level of competence in teaching. Candidates should have a research agenda that complements their area of academic specialty resulting in peer-reviewed publications and presentations, both of which are necessary for promotion and tenure at Farmingdale State College. The service component of the workload includes student advisement as well as active participation on departmental, school and college-wide committees. The faculty member may be expected to teach in multiple formats including hybrid, online and traditional face-to-face classes. The college particularly welcomes candidates with knowledge, skills and abilities that include: Commitment to diversity and university initiatives supportive of diversity and inclusion. Interest in participating in student-centered service activities. Desire to apply expertise in promoting civic engagement with the College's many community partners.
- MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ph.D in Italian, or Italian Studies.
- College teaching experience.
- Native or near-native fluency in Italian.
- Excellent command of the English Language.
- ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two years of teaching experience at college level in Italian, culture, film, history, or literature in translation.
- Experience teaching Spanish.
- Application Instructions: To apply, submit a letter of application (that includes a statement on teaching philosophy and methodology), c.v., copies of teaching evaluations, unofficial copy of graduate transcripts (showing highest degree awarded/or currently in process), names and contact information of three references. Only applications made through Farmingdale's electronic application system will be accepted. Candidates invited for interviews will be asked to make a presentation on their research/creative activities as well as a separate teaching demonstration. Application website found here.
Lecturer, Non-Tenure Track, Baylor University
- Qualifications: M.A. required Ph.D. preferred. Experience living, studying, or working in a French-speaking country preferred. Innovation in program development is highly desired. Ability to teach Italian in addition to French preferred but not required.
- Application Instructions: To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by October 15, 2021. Please submit a letter of application, current curriculum vitae, a copy of an official transcript showing the highest degree conferred (if the Ph.D. is in progress, a copy of the official transcript of completed Ph.D. hours should also be submitted), and three references via Interfolio: https://apply.interfolio.com/89082