Submit an Abstract to Accepted Sessions
- NeMLA membership is not required to submit abstracts but it is required to present at the convention.
- Participants may submit paper abstracts to more than one session but (1) may not present in more than one session of the same type, or (2) have the same abstract accepted to more than one session, regardless of session type. It is permissible, however, to present a paper as part of a panel and also to participate, for example, on a roundtable or creative session. Familiarize yourself with the types of sessions.
- No pre-formed sessions or reading of papers in absentia are allowed at NeMLA.
- Paper Title: 100 characters (including spaces)
- Capitalize titles by MLA formatting rules unless the title is in a language other than English.
- Do not use quotation marks in the session title or abstract title itself. Please use only single quotation marks around titles of short stories, poems, and similar short works.
- Italicize the titles of long works mentioned in the paper title.
- Do not place a period at the end of the title.
- Paper Abstract: 300 words
- Italicize or use quotation marks around titles according to MLA guidelines.
- Chairs will confirm the acceptance of abstracts by October 15.
- Please confirm the panel on which you wish to participate.
- Please pay for Registration/Membership by December 1st.