Submit an Abstract to Accepted Sessions
- Paper abstracts may only be submitted electronically. Sign in or create a free user account to view the Call for Papers and submit. Abstracts may be submitted starting June 15.
- NeMLA membership is not required to submit abstracts. You wil be required to pay for membership and convention registration if your abstract is accepted to a session and you agree to present at the annual convention. Membership and registration can be paid for in your user account starting in mid-October.
- Participants may submit paper abstracts to more than one session but may not present in more than one session of the same type. It is permissible, however, to present a paper as part of a panel and also to participate, for example, on a roundtable or creative session. Familiarize yourself with the types of sessions.
- NeMLA looks for focused sessions that will draw interesting, quality debate. Your paper abstract should clearly establish the title, main topic, theoretical approach, and goals in relation to the session description.
- No pre-formed sessions or reading of papers in absentia are allowed at NeMLA.
- Paper Title: 100 characters (including spaces)
- Capitalize titles by MLA formatting rules unless the title is in a language other than English.
- There are to be no quotation marks around the session title or abstract title itself, only single quotation marks around titles of short stories, poems, and similar short works.
- Italicize the titles of long works mentioned in the paper title.
- Do not place a period at the end of the title.
- Paper Abstract: 300 words
- Italicize or use quotation marks around titles according to MLA guidelines.
Pittsburgh 2018 Information
- The 49th annual convention will be held at the the Omni William Penn. Opened in 1916, this historic Pittsburgh landmark provides luxurious accommodations in the very heart of the city.
- For more information, email email@example.com.
- Chairs will confirm with applicants whether their abstracts were accepted by October 15, 2017. If you receive notification of your acceptance from a session chair, please read the presenter policies and log into your account to update your contact information and pay for your annual NeMLA membership and convention registration.