Submit an Abstract to Accepted Sessions
- Paper abstracts are to be submitted electronically only. Sign in or
create a user
account to view the Call for Papers
- Participants may submit paper abstracts to more than one
session but may not present in more than one session of the same
type. It is permissible, however, to present a paper as part of a
panel and also to participate, for example, on a roundtable or
creative session. Familiarize yourself with the types of
- NeMLA looks for focused sessions that will draw interesting,
quality debate. Your paper abstract should clearly establish the
title, main topic, theoretical approach, and goals in relation to
the session description.
- No pre-formed sessions or reading of papers in absentia are
allowed at NeMLA.
Deadline: September 30, 2016
- Paper Title: 100 characters (including spaces)
- Paper Abstract: 300 words
Baltimore 2016 Information
- The deadline to submit abstacts to open sessions
is September 30, 2016.
- Baltimore has been pivotal to United States art, culture, and
history, serving as a site for significant activism to bring
awareness to issues of national importance. Destinations
include the Edgar Allan Poe House; artistic and cultural
collections at the Walters Art Museum and the Lewis Museum of
African American History; music and theater at the Baltimore
Symphony Orhcestra, the Everyman Theater, the Chesapeake
Shakespeare Company, and much more!
- The 48th annual convention will be held at the Marriott
Baltimore Waterfront. Located in the scenic Harbor East
District, the area provides excellent opportunities for attendees
to enjoy the fine dining, entertainment, and culture that Baltimore
has to offer.
- For more information, email email@example.com.
- Once you receive notification of your acceptance from a session
chair, be sure to update your NeMLA
membership and read through the presenter
policies. Acceptance/rejection letters will be sent by
October 15th, 2016.