NeMLA awards an annual prize to the best graduate student paper presented at any of the sessions of the previous three conventions.
- Each caucus prize offers a $100 cash award. Prize-winning essays will automatically be considered for publication by Modern Language Studies; all essays are subject to MLS’s double-blind review. And the prize includes mentorship to further improve this essay before submission to MLS.
- Email Graduate Student Essay Award submissions to email@example.com with “NeMLA Graduate Student Essay Award Submission” in the subject.
Application Deadline: January 15th
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with two PDF attachments:
1. Cover sheet with applicant’s name, address, and academic affiliation
2. Revised essay with no identifying information included, which meets the submission criteria below.
Submitted essays must:
- be between 7,000 and 9,000 words (MLS has a 10,000-word limit, notes and works cited included)
- br prepared anonymously (DO NOT include author's name anywhere on the paper itself)
- use MLA format and citation style
Submissions not following this guidelines will not be reviewed.