The Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship of the MFSA was established to honor a Junior or Senior who demonstrates high academic standards and leadership ability, and who exemplifies a personal character that advances the spirit and philosophy of Dr. King. Each year one full-time University at Buffalo student junior or senior will be awarded $500 – $1,000.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION (PDF)
- Member of historically underrepresented groups (African American or African descent; Latino/Hispanic American or Native American).
- Full-time Junior or Senior UB student.
- Minimum 3.3 undergraduate GPA.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Evidence of community/university service.
- Demonstration of sound character and leadership qualities.
- All disciplines eligible to apply.
- ALL materials must be typed.
- Completed application.
- Unofficial transcript.
- One letter of recommendation (Faculty, Staff or Employer).
- A well written essay describing how Dr. King’s philosophy has influenced your educational goals.
Applications are due Friday, February 9, 2018. Completed applications must be post-marked or delivered by 4:00 pm on this date.
Mail completed applications to:
- Minority Faculty & Staff Association
- ATTN: Cheryl Taplin
- MFSA Academic Achievement Awards Committee
- University at Buffalo
- 109 Norton Hall
- Buffalo, NY 14260-1000