The Minority Faculty & Staff Association (MFSA) Academic
Achievement Award fund was established to provide a $500 award to a
sophomore or junior who meets high academic standards. The award is
supported by donations given largely, but not exclusively, by
minority faculty and staff at UB.
- Member of historically underrepresented groups (African
American or African descent; Latino/Hispanic American or Native
- Full-time sophomore or junior UB student.
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Evidence of community and/or university service.
- All disciplines eligible to apply.
- ALL materials must be typed.
- Completed application.
- Unofficial transcript.
- One letter of recommendation (Faculty, Staff or Employer).
- Essay of future goals.
Applications are due Friday, February 9, 2018. Completed
applications must be post-marked or delivered by 4:00 pm on this
Mail completed applications to:
- Minority Faculty & Staff Association
- ATTN: Cheryl Taplin
- MFSA Academic Achievement Awards Committee
- University at Buffalo
- 109 Norton Hall
- Buffalo, NY 14260-1000