Screencast-o-matic is a free online screen recorder for instant screencapture video sharing. Screencast-o-matic ProPage is designed for multiple computers at the same time. Individual users do not need to create an account to use the Screencast-o-matic ProPage.
1. Go to UB GSE ProPage: http://screencast-o-matic.com/UB-GSE
2. Click “Start Recording” if you want to start a new recording. Click “Open Pro Tools” if you want to edit recordings you made before.
3. After clicking “Start Recording”, click “Record Screencast”. Allow any requests to install Screencast-o-matic extensions or plugins.
4. You are all set to start your recording!
5. To save your recording, click “Pause” and then click “Done”. Choose how you want to save your recording – you can save it to your computer, Google Drive, or publish it to hosting sites such as Youtube and Vimeo.
GSE ONLINE is committed to supporting our faculty through individualized consultations, training events and resources. Instructional designers, Ellen Sidey & Peter Schilke, can assist you with the course design and redesign processes. Complete an Instructional Design Request form if you need assistance with online course development, suggestions for online assignments/assessments, using Web 2.0 tools, or to request a course review.