One of four matching dormitories surrounding Kimball Tower that began UB's history as a residential college, Pritchard remains a dormitory. The quadrangle of Pritchard, Michael, Schoellkopf and MacDonald, formed UB's first step toward becoming a residential college. Pritchard was originally named Cooke Residence Hall.
Mearl D. Pritchard (1900-1976) graduated from UB's pharmacy school in 1926. He was actively involved with with the university for the rest of his life. He received the Capen Award in 1926.