Parker Hall was designed to house the School of Engineering. The huge growth in this discipline led to additions to the building in 1947 & 1948.
Parker Hall currently houses a wide variety of teaching and research facilities. Millard Fillmore College, UB's evening, summer and distance-learning college, is housed here, as well as the School of Medicine's Nuclear Medicine department. The Center for Hearing & Deafness, part of the College of Arts and Sciences' Communicative Disorders and Sciences department is also here, as well as Architecture studio space.
Karr Parker (1892-1986) was president of the Buffalo Electric
Company and was a member of the University Council for about 17
years. He was also president Buffalo Electric Company from 1939 to
1977. As chairman of the Buildings and Grounds Committee for 15
years, Parker was responsible for the construction of many South
Campus buildings. The Engineering Building, constructed in
1949, was the first of several buildings erected on the Main Street
Campus under his chairmanship. It was named in his honor by the UB
Council on June 4, 1962.