University at Buffalo - The State University of New York
Skip to Content

Hayes Hall Annex D

HAYESD

Overview

Facility
HAYESD
Number
0024
Function
Facility / Campus Service
Gross Square Feet
3,354
Construction Cost
$13,000
Completed
June, 1890
Architect
Unknown

Function

At one time, this building was part of the Erie County Almshouse and Poor Farm.

Namesake

HAYESD

Brigadier General Edmund B. Hayes (1849-1923) was a local engineer, businessman, bridge builder, and automobile manufacturer. He bequeathed considerable funds for university development.He also was a member of the University Council (1920-1923).

Historical research and photographs provided by University Archives.