Reaching Others University at Buffalo - The State University of New York
Skip to Content

Hayes Hall Annex D

HAYESD

Overview

Facility
HAYESD
Number
0024
Function
Facility / Campus Service
Gross Square Feet
3,409
Construction Cost
$13,000
Completed
June, 1890
Architect
Unknown

Occupants

Function

At one time, this building was part of the Erie County Almshouse and Poor Farm.

Namesake

HAYESD

Brigadier General Edmund B. Hayes (1849-1923) was a local engineer, businessman, bridge builder, and automobile manufacturer. He bequeathed considerable funds for university development.He also was a member of the University Council (1920-1923).

Historical research and photographs provided by University Archives.