Clark Hall is the South Campus's athletic and recreation facility. Its contains gymnasiums, handball courts, a swimming pool, a weight room, men's and women's locker facilities and offices. Current activities include intramural, club, and summer sports programs. Clark Hall was constructed as the Irwin B. Clark Memorial Gymnasium in 1937 and is three stories tall with a full basement. An addition was built in 1948.
Irwin Brayton Clark (1861-1924) was a seed merchant in Buffalo.
Clark and his wife had no surviving relatives, so they decided to
dispose of their estate in a manner that would do the greatest good
for the greatest number of people.