Reaching Others University at Buffalo - The State University of New York
Skip to Content

Bonner Hall

< >

Overview

Facility
BONNER
Number
A420
Function
Academic
Gross Square Feet
70,884
Construction Cost
$4,963,000
Completed
November, 1982
Architect
Hamilton Houston & Lownie

Occupants

Function

Bonner Hall houses the administrative offices of the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences and has classroom and laboratory space for all Engineering departments.  With its diverse group of labs, including those devoted to undergraduate nanoelectronics, materials processing and lasers, Bonner Hall underscores the many facets of engineering at a large research university like UB. It houses administrative offices of the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences--the largest and most comprehensive public school of engineering in New York State.

Namesake

BONNER

William R. Bonner (1899-1980) was an English professor at UB from 1922 until his retirement in 1968. He was one of the original faculty members from the Capen era and was known as a fabulous teacher and a vigorous scholar. James H. McNulty Professor of English from 1955 until his retirement, he was involved in all aspects of academic life and was perceived as a "complete university man" who effortlessly conveyed the pleasures of literature to generations of UB students.

Historical research and photographs provided by University Archives.