Baldy Hall is the home of the Graduate School of Education, the Graduate School of Social Work, and the School of Information Studies. It is a centrally located building on the spine and is characterized by the varied number of academic units that occupies its space. The second-level corridor that connects Baldy to Jacobs Hall, Lockwood Library, and O'Brian Hall also serves as a snack vending area and a space for gathering, people-watching, and studying.
Christopher Baldy (1885-1959) was a Buffalo native who graduated from the law school in 1910. During a long and successful career, he was a member of the University Council from 1950 to 1959 and an active member of the Alumni Association. At his death, he left a bequest of $1.5 million to the university.