Hazard communication applies to everyone in the workplace. From
deputy commissioners to entry-level and newly hired employees,
every New York State employee has a responsibility for maintaining
a healthy and safe workplace.
Upon completing this program, you will be able to:
- Identify hazardous chemicals in your workplace and ways you can
prevent exposure to these chemicals.
- List the information provided by the primary labeling of
- Describe the information provided by a Material Safety Data
- State the responsibilities regarding compliance with the OSHA
Hazard Communication Standard and NYS Right-to-Know Law.
This program is organized into four modules and a final review.
We recommend beginning your learning with the Introduction module
and continuing in the order shown.
- Chemicals in the Workplace
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Final Review Questions