Chemicals in the Work Place
From the time you arrive at work until you leave, you may use or come into contact with dozens of potentially hazardous materials. This module introduces you to some of the classifications of these chemicals and how these materials may affect you.
At the conclusion of this module you will be able to:
- List some of the common substances that may contain hazardous chemicals.
- Describe the kind of hazards that chemicals can produce.
- Indicate how chemicals can enter your body.
- Discuss protective measures you can take to avoid exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Describe the purpose of primary container labeling.
- Identify the information provided by container labeling.
This module discusses the chemical hazards that may be present in your workplace and how you can protect yourself and others from these hazards.