Customer Service and Maintenance

Moving and Relocation Services

University Facilities provides assistance with internal and off campus moves, Laboratory equipment moves, custodial supply delivery and cardboard boxes.

Requests for large moves should be placed as far in advance as possible.

UB Campus Departmental Moves

The UB on the Move manual was created to explain the processes and procedures involved in the moving of a UB campus unit from one location to another.

There are five parts to the manual including:

  • Part One - General Information
  • Part Two - Services and Procedures
  • Part Three - Contact Information
  • Part Four - Moving Checklist
  • Part Five - FAQ and Links to Forms

There are two types of moves:

Rehab/Renovation Moves: those requiring rehab/renovation and will have a construction Project Manager assigned by FP&D.

Departmentally Responsible Moves: examples are moving a desk across the room to relocating an entire department.  In all cases the details of the move is the responsiblity of the department which is moving.

UB items moved from one location to another

To request items be moved from one location to another, submit a work order request through Customer Service. You wil then be asked complete a "Moving Services Work Order Attachment" form. Note that if carpentry services are needed, you must also include an account number.

Moving dolly

Moving Resources:

During a move you may find items that can no longer be used. In that case, consider using the following services:

Moving or Closing Labs

In order to comply with applicable federal and state regulations, laboratories and equipment in which hazardous materials have been used must be decontaminated prior to vacating the space to make it ready for the next occupant.