UB faculty have connections all over the world, and these relationships present exciting opportunities for high-impact experiential learning. The ELN is excited to introduce the Global Partner Studio (GPS), a suite of innovative programs and resources that catalyze new opportunities with an emphasis on pedagogical innovation, student learning, and community impacts. GPS signature offerings include:
- Inaugural GPS Institute. This year’s Institute, to be held Oct. 1-5, will focus on catalyzing collaboration around health, social innovation and STEM education, with partners from Ghana, Jamaica, Tanzania and Zimbabwe. Our international partners will visit UB for a week of high-impact sharing, collaboration and capacity building related to pedagogical innovation and experiential learning.
- Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL). Interested in adding collaborative course content to an existing course or exploring a new one? COIL connects faculty with a network of international partners for course development and collaboration. Faculty can infuse engaged modules or co-develop courses with our partners. All ideas and interest welcomed.
- Short-term study abroad. Have an idea for a new trip or interested in collaborating through an existing partnership? ELN offers seed funding and curricular support to make your idea a reality.
- Independent Study courses. Interested in providing elective credit to students working on special projects under your mentorship? Contact Christina Heath to discuss possibilities through the ELN.
- Global Collaboration Digital Badge. Have your students taken part in a collaborative global project? Encourage them to check out our new Global Collaboration Digital Badge.
- GPS Journal. Are you ready to reflect upon and share your global collaboration experience with other students and professionals here and around the world? Our new open-source digital journal provides an accessible space for students and partners to share research, stories and resources related to global collaboration and experiential learning.
If you would like to start collaborating with the Global Partner Studio (GPS), click one of the buttons below!